Friday 6 January 2012

Marrakesh: The Final Chapter

I know this has been a long time coming, to be honest I wanted to get all these posts written quickly before the memory of Morocco was fading away, but with Christmas, Essay and a general case of the lazies (and FB crapping out on me) it never got done. After this I still have my top Morocco tips to pass on as well so I'll have to pull my finger out and make sure that's done before I go to Dublin, the life of a traveller. Anyway on with the story ......

So the next morning we awoke to Marrakesh and it was a whole new world. The markets were VERY busy but not intimidating, and we got right into it and started to haggle. Of course you won't get anything for the price that a local would but we gave it our very best and got a lot of bargains. Scarves for £3, Bags for £2.50, Earrings for 50p. Marrakesh in December is perfect, just in time to get some great Christmas shopping bargains and it was a nice 15 degrees so you didn't walk about feeling like your face was going to melt off.


Shots of the Markets at Marrakesh make you realise how far from home you really are.

The markets were really stunning and we had a lot of fun pushing prices down to the bare minimum often walking off and trying other stalls and always getting called back READ MORE>>

No comments:

Post a Comment