Monday 26 December 2011

Marrakesh: and so the journey continues!

Firstly, I hope that everyone had a really lovely Christmas and got everything they wanted (I got my pac-a-mac and hike bag) and hope you are looking forward to the new year. And onwards ...

I must admit that the train the Marrakesh while perfectly pleasant in terms of comfort (despite it's 7 hour length), beautiful views and of course Western toilets, was a bad one for me and Emily due to our shattered spirits. I felt like going home I even at one point seriously wanted to go straight to the airport and just sit around til our flight.

That's how sad I was.


Luckily, as we were pulling into Marrakesh the sun was setting and the view of the city was stunning especially by night. And we arrived and we then headed immediately to Mcdonald's after scarfing down 2 tins of pringles on the train. We were sick of all things Moroccan.

Marrakesh train station was a sight for sore eyes.

I tried my French I'm sure I got the words right but leaning over and asking for "grande pommes frites" was simply met with a disgusted look and a reply of  "Do you speak English?" READ MORE>>

1 comment: